Big Brothers and Sisters of Kingston
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/canadian/public_html/frontend/canadian_kiosk/templates/listing/kiosk2.php on line 304
In the beginning How we are funded
In 1903, a Cincinnati businessman, Irin F. Westheimer, offered his friendship to a boy whom he found searching for food in an alley trash can. Mr. Westheimer enlisted the aid of his community and together they began the first Big Brother Program - caring adults offering one to one guidance, support and friendship to fatherless boys.
Over a century later, Big Brothers Big Sisters is still providing caring adult support to children in need. The concept of a "one to one" relationship is still at the heart of our Big Brothers Big Sisters Organization. Demand from the community to meet the broader needs of the children and their families from single parent homes has created a diverse situation. Today we offer Traditional Big Brother and Big Sister Matching program, In School Mentoring and Couples Matching . We are proud of our achievements and continue to strirve to be on the leading edge of the Big Brothers Big Sisters movement in Canada. We believe that EVERY CHILD WHO NEEDS A MENTOR, HAS A MENTOR.
Big Brothers Big Sisters Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addingtoin is a member of the United Way, and we receive 40% of our operating budget from them. The remaining 60% comes from fund-raising events and private donations. We are a Registered Charity (Charity # can be provided upon request) and able to issue official tax receipts.
In the beginning
How we are funded